Sunday 28 August 2011

Feria de Ganado

A part of the "Feria" experience, although something that we've not experienced before, is the livestock market.

It came to my attention when while walking Calcetines this morning, I saw this rider and horses on Calle Bellavista, presumably heading to the feria ground.




The traditional entrance gate to the feria ground, normally illuminated at night.













There was quite a bit of animated bartering going on for the wares on sale at this stall. Bells for cows or goats I think.

















The castle and Church watch over all that happens in Olvera, as they have done for centuries.


















Some of the lovely horses up for sale.



































































A busy scene with plenty of buyers and admirers about.













"I love you Doris and I'll never leave you. We go together or not at all".











A friend and his companions asked if Calcetines was for sale and Anne jokingly said yes. He quickly dug his hand into his pocket but there's not enough money in the world that would persuade us to part with her.








I think this was the donkey leading the horses I saw earlier this morning.



























No comments: