Sunday 20 July 2008

Cattle competition......!!

A bit of competition at the watering hole this morning in the shape of about twenty vaja (cows), cowbells ringing and dust rising, who came stampeding down the drive to the cortijo (farm) to get to the water.

Well, it wasn't quite like that as one of the ladies, there to shepherd the cattle in the right direction, had tried to warn me that they were shortly arriving from the fields across the road from the cortijo.
She advised me to move my car away from the trough where I normally park, unless I wanted a convertible with a lower ground clearance, as the vaja would show no mercy in their efforts to get to the water.
The cowardly picture above is taken from the safety of the car.......as advised by the lady of course!!!



















No comments: