Monday 26 January 2009

My mate Andy

My apologies for not posting for a week or so but I made a surprise and unplanned visit back to where we lived in our previous life to attend the retirement party of my great friend Andy.










I know it is not an Olvera related post but Andy and his wife Lin look in occasionally so here are just a few pics of a great night at the Vine Tree in Randwick, Gloucestershire, one of our old drinking holes.









Best wishes for your retirement Andy and we look forward to seeing you here in Olvera sometime this summer.
Normal service on the blog will be resumed shortly.


On a personal rant and rave. If by some chance any of the security staff at Bristol airport are looking in, I hope that you don't choke on the two sealed jars of Branston pickle that you confiscated from me......nay, not from me but from my lovely Anne, on the pretext of national security and anti-terrorism legislation. I appreciate that there may be a severe threat of attack by pickle against airport and airline staff but none the less, despite your assurances that they would be suitably disposed of (yeah, I bet), enjoy it!!!. I've heard of "death by chocolate" but "death by Branston"...c'mon!!. Oh, and just in case I camouflaged my face during the attack, my brown shoe polish was taken as well.
Thats it, off my chest. Thank god I'm back in a sane place.

No comments: