Saturday 2 May 2009

Off the beaten track


The hills around Olvera are criss crossed with numerous dusty tracks and my curiosity is never satisfied until I find out where they lead to.
So today, in warm but very windy weather, I ventured along a couple.
The first was a turn off a couple of kilometres outside of the village of Torre Alháquime, on the road to Setenil.
















The road was passable with care, a few potholes here and there, passing through lovely countryside eventually fording the Rio Guadalquivir.





Looking back at Torre Alháquime.
The track eventually emerged onto the main Setenil-El Gastor road. I headed towards El Gastor, turning off back towards Olvera.










On the way back, I turned off to where a roadsign indicated "Puerto de Cabañas (530m)" and again followed quite a good road up to its peak. The views around were terrific. This is El Gastor in the distance.





The view across to Olvera.












No comments: