Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday sun

A pleasant 20°C at about 9.30 this morning, so I thought I'd get a little overdue exercise with a walk to the far end of town.
Here, a sunny but deserted Calle Llana.















Calle Calvario.







On the Avenida Julián Besteiro looking back to the castle.











I took a slight diversion into a street that I don't think I've ever mentioned before on the blog nor previously visited, Calle Gongora.





















Calle Greco off Gongora.
















I sat for a while in the Parque Entracaminos with the bar El Parque on the right. Superb value tapas can be had here.





















It may be autumn but this flower was in beautiful bloom.














The pleasant park area near to the "Residencia de ancianos" (old peoples residence) on Calle Vereda de Pino.







The view to the south from the park.








On the way home, a car decorated for a wedding. We'll no doubt hear the car horns later, as is the tradition here, when the bride, groom and guests parade in convoy through the streets to celebrate the occasion.







No comments: